Del Rio businesses can find support from the City!
The City of Del Rio’s Small Business Stimulus Program, initiated in 2020 as a way to combat the hardships of the COVID-19 pandemic, has been reintroduced in 2022 with an additional $200,000 in grants through a review committee facilitated by the City’s economic development department.
Grants awarded to businesses will not exceed $5,000. A list of qualifying factors and application can be found on the City of Del Rio website and include:
- Small Del Rio businesses that are independently owned and operated with between 1 and 35 employees.
- Physical and publicly accessible location within the City of Del Rio city limits - no home-based businesses.
- Must be in good standing with the City of Del Rio concerning to licensing, permits, utility payments and property taxes.
Applications are set to be reviewed by the end of November by the review committee comprised of the City of Del Rio’s finance director, city attorney, economic development director, and assistant city manager (alternate).
- If filling out by hand, save the completed/scanned application as [Business Name] Grant Application onto your computer.
- Upload the completed application and ALL supporting documents (i.e. balance sheet, rent checks, IRS Form 941, etc.) and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also hand deliver or mail the application to the Economic Development Director, Ori Fernandez, at City Hall located at 109 W. Broadway St.